It’s indisputable that zucchini is one of the most popular vegetables in Australia, particularly during summertime. In many homes, this vegetable is a regular on the dinner table. Zucchini is an easily grown summer squash known for its high nutritional value. It’s also simple to cook, and is extremely versatile.
Easy-to-prepare Zucchini Recipes
Here are some of the best healthy zucchini recipes you should try:
This is a great recipe, simple even for the kitchen novice. The roasted zucchinis will make a delicious side dish for fried chicken or steak. These are the ingredients and method for how to prepare this dish:
- 1 zucchini with ends trimmed
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ¼ c. freshly grated parmesan
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice each zucchini lengthwise making sure not to cut all way through.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil or any other oil at your disposal and top with Parmesan cheese. Season it with crushed red pepper flakes and salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tender and golden.
Zucchini Pizza Bite
This is another simple zucchini recipe you should try out. Topped with mozzarella, mini pepperonis and pizza sauce, the zucchini provides an adorable base for pizza.
- 3 large zucchini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni
- Dried oregano
- ¼ cup of marinara or pizza sauce
- Have the oven preheated to 400°F. Slice your zucchini into long strips, place on a baking sheet and brush it thoroughly with olive oil. Bake for at least 5 minutes or until it’s slightly tender.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce over each slice, then top with mini pepperoni and mozzarella. Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
This is a perfect finger food to serve as a side dish, particularly with fried chicken. It’s made with a light coating of panko bread crumbs and is ready to serve in only 20 minutes.
- 5 large zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Warm marinara, for dipping
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Freshly ground pepper (black)
- 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Season the zucchini with salt for flavour. Then whisk eggs with milk in a small bowl.
- Add panko and Parmesan in another bowl. Coat each piece of zucchini with the egg and milk mixture, then panko and cheese, and transfer to a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper and lastly garnish with parmesan.
- Bake until the zucchini becomes tender golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve it with marinara.
These are three simple zucchini recipes to try. The ingredients are locally available, and the directions are straightforward. Other recipes that you can try out include zucchini with parmesan and zucchini lasagne. Art of Catering has more cooking tips for you, so stay tuned!